‘Street Entertainment’ competition as part of Fleadh Cheoil na Mumhan 2016 – Listowel.
The above mentioned ‘Street Entertainment’ competition will be on
Friday the 15th of July
in Listowel from 7.00p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
· The deadline for enrolment is set for Friday 8th July. There is a registration fee of €5 per group.
· Each group may have a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 6 participants.
· The age limit is a minimum of 9 years old with no senior limit, therefore the category dictates that participants are ‘9 years and over’.
· There will be three designated performance areas in Listowel town.
· Groups will be allocated a 20/30 minute time slot (time slots shall be dependant on volume of entry.)
· The time slots at each performance area are staggered by ten minutes to allow the adjudicator to have sufficient time with each group.
· There will be two adjudicators who will visit each group at least once and possibly twice during their time slot.
· Groups may only enter at the event itself if there are empty time slots.
· Results will be given immediately after the competition, as soon as the adjudicator has had time to finalise their decision.
· The results will take place on the main gig rig.
· The group that is awarded first place is allocated a slot on the main gig rig where they can perform their set.
· There is a total prize money of €900.
Rules of the competition:
1. Adjudicator’s decision on all matters is final.
2. Each group must consist of 3 to 6 participants.
3. Groups will NOT be permitted to collect money during their performance. Any attempt to collect money will result in disqualification.
4. Entertainment must be Irish traditional style only.
5. The focus of the competition is ‘Entertainment’ and therefore consideration for music, song, dance and storytelling as part of the performance is encouraged and shall be favoured.
6. No amplification allowed. This includes amplified instruments.
7. No props, other than stools or chairs allowed.
8. All performances to take place between the hours of 7.00 p.m. and 9.00 p.m. as directed.
9. Groups must perform during designated time slots. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
10. Entry fee of €5.00 per group must be paid prior to each group being assigned a slot and location.
11. A number, time, duration and venue will be assigned to each group at the Fleadh Office from 5.00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. on Friday the 18th of July.
12. The adjudicator can be anyone who passes the performance area and they may attend twice during each performance.
Any breach of the above rules and conditions will result in disqualification.
These Rules and Conditions may alter at any time prior to performance but each group will be notified of any such change(s) prior to their performance.
For more information and to register, contact Aisling or Krystal on